Wednesday, January 27, 2010

another something old.


i'm cleaning out my pictures. digitally speaking that is. i had this grand idea to put everything in one folder marked "upload" and then i would navigate pictures to appropriate folders (pictures for gifts, kid pictures to blog, pictures of the kids going in appropriate folders with their names, and my project pictures) and somehow i got to have almost 2000 pictures in this folder without moving any of them.
yeah. it is so much fun. well, it kind of is, but really it's just one more project. although, i am having a real good internal laugh right now. literally, this is one of the most disorganized aspects of my life- yet NO ONE can see it, and my computer can conveniently be closed and hid. my dirty dishes, my overflowing garbage, my ghastly sewing area, my crazy children, toys, toys, toys. you get it.
but, i can do this while sitting on the couch, and it makes me feel like i have done something.
anyways.
i found the following pictures of my favorite- and the best- pumpkin chocolate chip bread. so, if you are having holiday withdrawals- enjoy!




this recipe comes from my Godmother Carol, who continues to bless my life with her love and her amazing recipes!
oven- 350
and the recipe:
2 cubes butter
2 cups of sugar
-beat those together until light and fluffy
3 eggs
1 1lb can pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
-add these to the butter/sugar and mix well
in a separate bowl:
3 c. pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients
then add, 1 cup of chocolate chips
(or you could add 1 cup of raisins, or 1 cup of nuts)
this makes 12 large muffins- which you would bake for 15-20 minutes
or 2 8 by 5 loaves- which bake for 50 minutes.
the baking makes your whole house smell amazing.

let me know if you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment