Monday, April 13, 2009

my Easter projects

i am so happy with how my Easter projects turned out.

Mason in her sweet little Easter dress.  Made from Amy Butler's Little Stitches book.  I have made several projects from this book and am so happy with what is coming from it.
Me and Mason... yup, matching little outfits.  I made my skirt from this wrap skirt tutorial (and a lot of help from my friend Serena)



Campbell in his Easter shorts.  Which weren't made from a short pattern, but from a bloomers pattern lent to me by Serena.  I simply extended the length of the pants and didn't put elastic in the legs.  Presto.  Shorts.
Ok, no projects here- but they were too cute not to share a picture of!

i still haven't taken new pictures of the Easter bags that I made for the kids.  i will.
Easter was a really nice laid back day.

Easter had always been my favorite holiday to celebrate as a child.  not quite sure why, but it was.  
i hope that i can teach my children to love this holiday as well.  not for the eggs or the chocolate or the fun new clothes.  but because this holiday is the absolute celebration of love and hope.  we celebrate our risen Savior.  and what He did for us on the cross.  and after becoming a mother i can slowly begin to grasp the love my Savior has for me.  very slowly.
He is Risen.

1 comment:

  1. You girls look so great! And Campbell's shorts look wonderful on him! What are you talking about, anyway? I did nothing to help you! You did absolutely everything on your own! You don't give yourself enough credit.

    ReplyDelete