i am just not happy with what is getting fit into my day, and just what is not getting done.
this isn't really how i want to live my life. i am pretty happy and content with what i have, but not with what i am doing.
so i am going to try something.
my 5 in 15.
i am going to try and add 5 things into my daily life that i wish i was doing now. and i am going to try and do them for the next 15 days.
and i am officially removing "try" from the words above. i am going to do it.
my 5 are going to be fairly specific.
one that brings me closer to the Lord.
one that is directed towards Sam.
one that is directed towards my children.
one that is directed towards my body.
one that is directed towards my mind.
so here are my 5 in 15.
1) devotions. at some time everyday. i will read at least a chapter in the Bible, and i will journal at least a sentence. and i will pray. and this could take 5 minutes, or 50. its the act of doing it.
2) make a lunch for Sam everyday. he never eats at work (usually just snacks on samples) so i really want to be an encouragement to him, and help him stay energized at work.
3) spend my mornings with my kids. i usually stumble out of bed, zonked to the world, dragging until 1 1/2 cups of coffee has seeped into my skin. allowing my kids to wander around, watching pbs and eating breakfast bars. that isn't the morning i want for us. i want breakfast together at the table. i want us to read a story from their Bible, and i want us to start our day together. of course, after that- its pbs and wandering while i get focused for the day!
4) brushing my teeth. i bet some where expecting either exercise daily or eat right in this category. well i do weight watchers so diligently as if a drill sergeant is in the kitchen with me. and daily exercise gets me through every single day. but i do not have great dental hygiene habits. and that really needs to change.
5) reading. i need to read at least a chapter in ANY book. i need to re-establish my passion and eagerness for reading, so that i can set a great example for both my husband and my children.
so that is my 5 for the next 15.
i would love to encourage anyone who would like to, to do the same! and if you do, i'd love to know what you are doing.