Sunday, June 28, 2009

i love books.

before the amazing fabric, we stopped at Powells. i had been to Powell's several times, and had a wonderful time, however Serena had never experienced the full city block with 4 stories of books. we had an amazing 2 1/2 hours in this phenomenal bookstore. Mason behaved just like a perfect little gal. its hard to be strapped into a stroller for 2 1/2 hours, but she watched as we moved from aisle to aisle, as i through tons of books into the back part of my double stroller.
when i was a little girl i had thought i would be a librarian when i grew up. i guess i will happily settle for the organizing and reorganizing of my own personal family library.

my new favorite reusable tote,
with the books i picked up for Sam.
books for me and the kids:
We're Going on a Bear Hunt,
Charlotte's Web,
Little Princess,
The Napping House
plus two Curious George readers,
and a huge Curious George Activity Book.
for me? the What Your Second Grader Needs to Know

1 comment:

  1. I just love this post. I am a retired children's librarian and your list of children's books are some of my very favorites. For preschool storytime, I must have read "The Napping House" more times than I can count!! I presume you live in Portland, OR as I lived there from 1978-1982 and knew of Powells yet not until I moved away and began ordering online MANY years later did I really discover Powells. I cannot believe I NEVER went in!! Glad you had a delightful book adventure! ~ linda

    ReplyDelete