Saturday, February 4, 2012

His love endures

a couple of days ago i had spent the day reading psalm 107. and i stopped at the first verse, deciding to take a closer look.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

the word endures is what stood out to me. in my simple mind i thought endures meant: last.
so i decided to look up a couple of translations of this verse, endures was the consistent word. in the ESV, they added steadfast. so i wrote in my journal:
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love enures forever.

and then i decided to look up what the word endures means:
to carry on through despite hardships, undergo, to bear with tolerance, to continue in existence, last, to suffer patiently without yielding.
so it means a little more than last.
and then i looked up steadfast.
steadfast: fixed or unchanging, steady, firmly loyal or constant, unswerving.
the Lord's love- His steadfast love is fixed and since we know that God is love (1 John 4:16) we can see He is firmly loyal, constant, unswerving.
And in all that steadfast love- His steadfast love it endures forever- it will carry on through despite hardships, it undergoes, it bears with tolerance, His steadfast love lasts, it will suffer patiently without yielding.
FOREVER.
Give thanks doesn't even seem like enough- when this is what we have from the Lord,
steadfast, unchanging love- that will suffer patiently without yielding. forever.

i will give thanks,

71) a wonderful message at church today, and again feeling welcomed by all who attend, i have found a church body, i am making friends, my children are secure.

72) continually being shown who Christ is in my life, that He is all that i need, that He's got me.

73) my mother, her generosity in giving up her usual routine and taking care of me is more than i could ever ask for.

74) my mother's cooking. its fairly amazing.

75) 5 special hours with my baby sister- i love this girl. and i cannot wait to meet the precious baby that is coming soon.

76) my dad who provides love and discipline for my 4 little ones.

77) listening to henry call my dad "happy" instead of "pappy".

78) mason renamed the song surely goodness and mercy to: the house of the Lord, love hearing sweet words come out of her mouth.

79) beads of color strung together that give my hands something to mess with.

80) a purple journal that is starting to contain words of a story.

81) my littlest brother eric, and the attention he gives my 4 babies.

82) my nightly glass of wine and the sweet taste it has when it hits my mouth.

83) a Bible reading plan that provides me with the truth of God's love, on the days when i truly need to hear it.

84) knowing, The Lord will fight for me, i only need to be still.

85) accepting God's Sovereignty with my arms open wide.






No comments:

Post a Comment