Wednesday, February 29, 2012

unintentionally quiet.

dork alert. get ready. i'm listening to newsboy's greatest hits right now. and yes, i'm dancing just a bit. i'm supposed to be cleaning my room... sure its almost 1 am. but its really a mess. and i don't sleep a ton these days. i'm even debating doing my Wednesday workout right now, just because i have an accountability buddy for working (love you jill!) and i think i would be more prone to do it right now, than i will in the 4-5 hours of sleep that will pass from now to then.

so instead of cleaning off my messy bed, i plopped down on the floor. my computer is on the floor, which i am not sure why because everything else that i own seems to be on my bed. seriously. there is a tiny carved out space for me.
"come on monica, you don't even have a bed, you sleep in a ball on the floor".
ahh. my youth and the newsboys. trust and obey, there is no other way. so true. complete truth.

yesterday i was wonderfully blessed by another care package(a little journal, bookmark, darling notecards, and the experiencing God devotional and candy). and i just know realized i forgot to text my dear friend to tell her thank you. and its 4 am her time... so i guess i could in a few hours. it is amazing to me how many people are truly clinging to me. its amazing. to feel a body of believers just surround you with love. this is just one of the many ways God will be glorified by what is happening. people- coming together in His name to offer love and support and kindness.
it rocks. thank you Vera, for your gift of love, i so appreciate it.

i just want to serve Him. bottom line.
and i am learning more and more how i can do that:
~ my ministry of motherhood. being a mom. loving my precious 4 babies. connecting with them, showing and teaching them who God is by my words but more importantly by my actions.
~ my actions. then my words. i can say anything i mean, really. ok, not anything. i can barely pronounce carousing. not sure why. but my actions need to be a representation of who He is. and how much He loves us, and how He is worthy of my praise. i'm not always a perfect representation.... in fact, i fall short more than i feel like i reach even an inch off the ground- but i have gumption! and i have Him! and the desire- i want to draw near to Him.
~ how i love.
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Matthew 22:36-39

so. i guess if you are praying for me- you could pray for those 3 things. and if you want to know more to pray for, you can email me directly.
and, if i can pray for you. i'd kinda like to. big time.

oh, and why the nostalgia for newsboys tonight? on Sunday at church during communion "In Christ Alone" was played, just the music. and i remembered how i loved the newsboy's rendition. and then it was really placed on my heart tonight. and i've listened to it several times. then i moved on to the greatest hits. then i decided to stop cleaning my bed, clean my eye makeup brushes and then plop on the ground. i got sorta distracted. and it's almost 1 am.
"i hold my breath and i wait for you to breathe"
i really do love music. which is why you'll find me worshiping in heaven.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh

Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay

Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt of life, no fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

in Christ alone. He's got me.
He's got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment