Sunday, February 19, 2012

new headphones and louder music.

serena says i'm going to need hearing aids in 10 years. and vera says many people are losing their hearing. and i seriously doubt my ability to follow sign language for long. i mean, henry knows more sign language than i do.
so i bought headphones today, and i almost bought jeans. yes, at the same place. american eagle. a place of good smells, loud music, and an air conditioning system that wasn't working. it was hot. and the sales girl was slightly more interested in helping the young guy find shirts than help me locate a pair of pants that would fit my shapely frame. oh well.
we finished up the Prodigal God at church today. the Prodigal son. its been good. very good. i've heard now all the people who preach at church, preach. it was God's perfect timing when i arrived at this church.
i nice lady named Dottie has me sit with her and her husband. i sing way to loud. i'm afraid the youngsters in front of me are going to turn around and give me a look. so far no one has, and i guess i will just have to deal with it if they do. and by deal, i mean, give them a big smile and keep on singing loud.
i mean, i'm not auditioning for american idol. maybe american duos... Gus?
2 things happened at church.
the pastor talked about Joni Erickson Tada. i've heard her story before. a diving accident left her paralyzed at the age of 17. bruce (the pastor) was saying that here she was 17, lying in bed that first night, unable to move and her best friend in the world came and lay down next to her, and just sung hymns to her. joni later reflected on this, saying that her Heavenly Father had lifted her up in His arms through another's human flesh.
i get that. i so get that. He uses who is He is going to use to bring us radically close to Him. and i'm just going to say thank you. everyone knows how i feel about my serena. but there are others, my family who continues to sacrifice time and energy for me, and my friends, loyal friends who haven't left me, friends that i spend hours with talking too, friends. so i am thankful for the outpouring of love that i have received, and if i haven't been prompt to respond, know that i am doing very well. and that i am thankful.
thing 2 at church. guess who's going to start studying James? could i be more excited? nope. super psyched. SUPER. i mean- i am going through a trial! this is happening right now. and as bruce talked about it, explaining that he knew there were people who were struggling right now with horrible trials, i just thought, hmmm.... i bet there are people worse of than me. i mean, i am feeling God's grace. i am experiencing His love and grace.
i am thankful.
i'm going to share the lyrics to a song that is played consistently at church. i sing it very loud, and i don' t care who hears. i remember 2 weeks ago, this song was played, my eyes were closed, i was singing, and my sweet boy campbell was reading the lyrics to me.
seriously.
Your Grace is Enough.

Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters in to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God of Jacob
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me

No comments:

Post a Comment