I found these questions on a blog simple mom I like to wander too...
So I thought I would try and answer some of these for myself.
Vision Questions for 2009
1. What skill do you most want to learn this year?
yikes... skill? Either make furniture (I have a box project kinda started with my father in law) or learn how to do a button hole on my sewing machine- no idea how to do this!
2. What is one skill you already have that you’d like to improve this year?
Sewing! I would love to improve my sewing.
3. Name three books you most definitely want to read in 2009.
1) The Bible- I am shamed to admit I haven't read the entire thing, don't get me wrong, I have read a lot of it, but I want to read it- in one year, and how it was historically written. I'm following this map for reading it.
2) Shepherding a Child's Heart. I've had it forever, and have not read it yet.
3) The Historian. I started it um almost 2 years ago, my husband-Sam- read it faster than any book I have ever seen him read, and I feel bad that I haven't finished it.
4) I know it said 3- but I have a huge pile of books under my bed that have been lent to me, and I would like to slowly start working through them.
4. In what specific area do you most want to encourage your spouse? What are some ways you can do this?
I want to encourage him to finish school. I can help him when he needs help with a problem, renew his faith that he can finish the school, and I can make sure to give him adequate quiet time to work on his school.
5. Think of one of your major life goals. What will you do this year to make you one step closer to reaching that goal?
One major life goal? Maybe I should start by having a major life goal.
6. Name your kids’ biggest strengths. What are some ways you can specifically nourish those strengths?
Campbell's biggest strength? He has a wonderful imagination and he loves to play by himself. With a 3rd baby coming in a few months I can try to make sure Campbell has special spaces in our little home where he can play by himself.
Campbell gets a lot of joy by seeing others happy. Don't get me wrong, he can be very a very selfish 2 1/2 year old, but he really loves to make others happy. When I see him doing acts of kindness and love towards others I can encourage him and work with him together on acts of service towards others.
7. Name your kids’ most prominent weakness. What are some ways you can encourage their ability to overcome it?
Being a 2 year old who doesn't always want to share! Very typical for this age. But I can try and encourage him to share more.
8. What is one of your strengths? Think of some specific ways you can exercise it this year.
I've been told that one of my spiritual gifts is encouragement. I would love to try and encourage more of the women who bless my life this year. And encourage my family. I want to try and organize more events for the young wives that I know. And I would like to offer up baby-sitting for my young mom friends who need a break.
9. What is one of your weaknesses? Brainstorm some ideas on how you can overcome this deficiency.
I have a lot of weaknesses. I worry a lot. Especially about money. Really needless worry because I have yet to see the Lord bless me and my family. So I would really like to pray more when I do our family budget. And see us be smarter with the money we are borrowing from God.
Also, I am not very sympathetic when my spouse is sick. He isn't sick all the time, but when he is I get really annoyed. Not a beautiful trait of a serving wife. So I hope to not be annoyed, but serve him when he is sick and be a kind loving wife. He is currently starting the new year sick... I am doing a pretty good job not being annoyed- at least not being annoyed towards him.
10. Think of an important relationship aside from your spouse and children. How will you nurture that relationship this year?
My sister. I will try and make sure that I can keep our long distance relationship going. And pray for her. She is trying to get pregnant. It has been a long and painful journey for her. She and I have a rocky relationship in the past, but it is constantly growing stronger. I would like to be more of an encouragement to her. You can read about her and her path towards pregnancy here.
11. Name a few ways your physical health could be improved.
Well, I am pregnant. I want to start exercising semi-daily, to prepare myself for jumping back into daily exercise. I love to exercise- it is challenging to find time with 2 kids... and soon to be 3!
12. Name a few ways your family’s financial health could be improved.
Less money spent on last minute running to the grocery store- really staying to our meal plan, and not eating out recklessly, but instead eating out when it is planned.
13. In what way do you want to draw closer to God?
So many different ways. Praying more. Specifically doing a prayer journal this year. And reading through the Bible in one year. Additionally I would like to start a personal Bible Study- and finish it!
14. What is one area of home management that frustrates you? Think of some specific ways you could improve your attitude about it.
CLUTTER! I really really (cannot emphasize enough) want a perfectly organized house. I know that is a long way away... what with a growing family, a spouse who struggles to put things away after he pulls them out, and 3 stages of toys going on- plus I have a weakness for buying stupid things that we don't need. But I would love to see our house become more organized- and stay organized.
15. Have you ever created a family mission statement with your spouse? If so, why not do one for this year?
Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Might be a good way to get us doing something new together!
16. Name one specific thing you could do with your spouse this year that will deepen your intimacy.
One specific thing- Turn the TV off every night BEFORE we pass out on the couch! I think that would be a huge step towards it! Ooh- and the Computer... I guess turning off the screens we sit in front of and turn towards each other.
17. What is something that is continually undone in your life? What will you do to fully complete it this year?
Continually undone. Wow. I really feel like a lot of things get started and never finished. But something small that I can write down (cause there are so many major thing), I have thing wonderful glass window that my friend Serena found for me awhile (a long while) ago, I really want to sand it down, put pretty paper behind it and use it for a wall picture frame.
18. In what ways will you be involved with your local community?
I am going to connect with the Director of Women's Ministry at my church and figure out ways to get us young married women - especially us with kids- doing more things together in fellowship.
19. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by your birthday this year?
Ha Ha- my birthday is in December, so I have a long time to accomplish it! This may sound vain, but that will about 8 months after baby Henry comes, I would really like to have reached my goal weight at Weight Watchers by then.
20. Think of three words you’d like to describe your 2009.
Drama Free, Organized, Togetherness