Saturday, January 28, 2012

this is my story, this is my song.

i branched out a little from my 3 songs on my drive this morning. and a huge thank you to everyone who is sending me music links, i haven't had a chance to go and click on everything yet. perhaps i will tonight. i am so grateful for all of you. every time i think and say that i think of Paul, and how often he said that. and i still want to fist bump that dude. eventually i will. sure hope there are name tags in heaven. it doesn't matter, i'll be fist bumping tons of people.
during my drive hillsong united sung to my soul. and revived my sleep deprived state.
i am super spoiled, i don't always have to wait long for the Lord.
example: monday night, "Lord, Sam is lying to me, i know it, i need you, reveal the truth"
tuesday night: truth revealed. thanks Jesus.
friday night: you never know, the Lord can use a song, His word, Biblical counsel- you might suddenly hear something and just know what you are to do.
saturday morning: done and done.

i'm soooooo spoiled. in ways i just can't even explain.

i want to share with you the song that really impacted my life today. its called Second Chance, by Hillsong United. i'm going to comment in italics beneath each line, to share how it resonated with me.

You called my name
Reached out Your hand
Restored my life
And I was redeemed
The moment You entered my life
redeemed... i reached out for the Lord when i needed truth about Sam, real truth. i Called out to Him and He heard me. I was redeemed in that moment. He entered my life again. He saved me from the darkness of sin.

Amazing grace
Christ gave that day
what amazing grace that Christ gave me that night.
My life was changed
um, yes, my life has forever changed. my love for my Savior is more important to me than anything. anything.
When from my shoulders
Fell the weight of my sin
oh the sin. the sin of not walking with the Lord. the sin of living in darkness. i have described the moment of finding the picture of Sam and C as Jesus washing relief over my body.

So it's with everything I am
i am nothing. i am unworthy of His great love.
I reach out for Your hand
i take His hand. i take it.
The hope for change
He has changed me.
The second chance I've gained
i have been given a second chance. a new day. a new life. a chance to turn my life to the Lord and serve Him- to be OUT of the darkness and basking in the light of my Savior.

On You I throw my life
it is your Lord.
Casting all my fears aside
you are Sovereign over everything.
How could greater love than this
Ever possibly exist
how is there greater love? i am seeing daily what you are doing in my life, how could anyone love me more than You? my greatest love will be You.

Consume my thoughts
As I rest in You
Lord, my thoughts are Yours. even when they linger away- i bring them right back to You- You are who i seek.
I'm now in love
With a Saviour
Bearing the marks of His love
oh Lord, my heart could burst or break with the love i have for You.

So I'll wait upon You now
oh Lord. how you teach me patience. how you teach me patience. i wait upon You. I wait.
With my hands released to You
Lord, my hands are Yours.
Where a little faith's enough
To see mountains lift and move
Lord, You are there, in everything.

And I'll wait upon You now
i'm waiting Lord. i'm waiting.
Dedicated to Your will
Lord, my life is Yours.
To this love that will remain
A love that never fails
Lord, Your love NEVER fails me. and it surprises me more and more everyday.

i have complete trust and faith in the Lord. He is Sovereign over all. His mighty Hand in my life, carrying me out of the darkness, lifting me into His light, protecting me, saving me, dying for me.
i am unworthy of the love He gives me.
so i will give all the glory to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment